Monday, July 1, 2013

Mapping Melbourne

Mapping Melbourne

Mapping Melbourne

Mapping Melbourne

A while ago I took part in a workshop that explored creative mapping and different ways to experience a certain place. As part of it, I did a small project which involved leaving self-addressed envelopes at various places around Melbourne, with a note attached asking the finder to write to me. The images above include text taken from some of the responses. They were partially inspired by Robert Frank's work in the book Hold Still, Keep Going, which was one of the first photobooks I ever bought and is still one of my favourites. I love its scratchy, lo-fi aesthetic and looping visual rhythm, and of course, the combination of text and photography. I'm working on another project at the moment that also uses words in this same way, which I will post when I finish. I uploaded most of the letters I received onto Flickr, so if you're interested, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment